commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Brule" <tricolor...@gmail.com>
Subject [SCXML] Datamodel / Assign expression error
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:30:50 GMT
Good evening,

I am using an SCXML state machine to model the life of a user profile
bean. To this end, I am attempting to use a root-level data model to
indicate which properties are mutable and when during the life cycle
of the user profile. The preliminary SCXML is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/SCXML"
       version="1.0"
       initialstate="Created">

  <datamodel>
    <data name="userprof">
      <UserProfile>
        <UserID/>
        <Person>
          <FirstName/>
          <MiddleName/>
          <LastName/>
        </Person>
      </UserProfile>
    </data>
  </datamodel>

  <state id="Created">
    <transition event="profile_created" target="Request"/>
    <transition event="credentials_validated" target="Authenticated"/>
  </state>
  <state id="Request">
    <transition event="profile_requested" target="Verification"/>
  </state>
  <state id="Verification">
    <transition event="profile_verified" target="Finalization"/>
  </state>
  <state id="Finalization">
    <transition event="profile_finalized" target="Authenticated"/>
  </state>
  <state id="Authenticated">
    <onentry>
      <assign location="Data(userprof,'UserProfile/UserID')" expr="N"/>
    </onentry>
    <transition event="done">
      <exit/>
    </transition>
  </state>

</scxml>

When I run a JUnit test case which fires signal events against the
model, I get the following error when entering the Authenticated
state:

2006-06-29 21:20:54,218 [main] WARN
org.apache.commons.scxml.env.SimpleErrorReporter  - EXPRESSION_ERROR
(javax.servlet.jsp.el.ELException: Attempt to convert String
"LData(userprof,'UserProfile/UserID')" to type "org.w3c.dom.Node", but
there is no PropertyEditor for that type):

I have included the Jakarta Commons EL and J2EE v1.4 libraries in my
classpath, but it seems that I am missing a PropertyEditor.

Can anyone shed some light on where I might find this property editor?
Or if I am incorrectly handling the assignment ?

Thanks for you help!

--
Jon Brule
tricolorcat-at-gmail.com