commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Shirley <>
Subject Re: [CLI]: Can have two group options with an option with the same shortname?
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:31:32 GMT
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 01:41:20PM -0400, Eric Sirianni wrote:
> This doesn't seem to work.  Consider the following example:

> Is there a way to express my desired syntax using common-cli?  Namely,
> I want to be able to have two groups with the same shortnamed option.
> The groups may or may not be mutually exclusive.

This doesn't work because nameOption.equals(dbNameOption) == true and so
foo is registered as a value with that option, it has a maximum of 1
(default) and so when another comes along (bar) it isn't processed.

If you make the two different (by giving them a different description,
say) then the code you gave will work.

       DefaultOption nameOption =
       DefaultOption dbNameOption =

This is obviously not a state we should be in and so i suggest we look
at all of the equals and hashcode methods to make sure they are correct.

Andrew Shirley

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message