commons-user mailing list archives

From Naveen <nawee...@yahoo.com>
Subject Log4j String buffer memory Leak.
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:45:20 GMT
Hello all,

  Iam not sure if there is really amemory leak in Log4jLogger. We use Mercury diagnosis tool
to find the memory leak and the reports show all the string buffers being held up at

  1. org.apache.log4j.Logger.debug
  2. org.apache.log4j.Logger.info

  this is one of the call we make

  logger.debug(connectionID + "-" + message);

  logger is an instance of Log4j.Logger and connectionID,message are strings

  i know appending strings will internally create StrinBuffers but our memory reports show
string buffers are never cleared which are areated during that call.

  any help is highly appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Naveen.

    Naveen

  It only takes a moment to be kind, but the results can be everlasting.!!