commons-user mailing list archives

From David <>
Subject Re: [CLI]: Can have two group options with an option with the same shortname?
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:06:35 GMT
Dera Andrew,
  Thanks for your respons, I have thought about that, just that I don't like it because I
have to propagate the dependence on CLI classes on the class that analyze the input arguments.
  A good solution would be to use the following sintax on hasOption():
  groupOptionName|optionName, so in my case would be:
  Becuase I have not response until yours I have added a new features request on CLI JIRA:

Andrew Shirley <> wrote:
  On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 06:34:03AM -0700, David wrote:
> Dear members,
> I have two group options appended to my main group option of my
> parser. Let's say -report group option and -process group option. On
> both I would like to define the option -date, but I don't know how
> to distinguish each case when invoking:
> line.hasOption("-date");
> is there any way to specifically say, I just want to know if has
> option -date from group option -report?

when you are creating the Option objects (for the date option), you
could store them away somewhere and then do the lookup using
CommandLine#hasOption(Option) and similarly CommandLine#getValue(Option)

hope this helps

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Do you Yahoo!?