commons-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [Beanutils] Determine type of bean field
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:25:54 GMT
On Thu, June 1, 2006 3:32 pm, Craig McClanahan wrote:
>> Not sure what's going on... since this is the version of
>> setIndexedProperty() without the index, I assume it's going to call
>> setChildren(List) and not be looking for the setter with the index,
>> correct?  Thanks!
>

> Correct.  It's a limitation of BeanUtils that it does not try to use the
> "indexed" setters if they exist.  It only deals with the actual List or
> array property as a whole.

Excellent, thanks again!  If you'll permit me one last question? :)

I have a String[] field "certs" on the bean I'm populating, and I have a
List in the object trying to populate it.  I've tried:

PropertyUtils.setProperty(obj, "certs", ((List)fieldValues).toArray());

...but that gets me a java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type
mismatch.  How does one populate an array?  And specifically, from a List?
 I guess the setCerts(String[] vals) method doesn't match up with the
Object[] that toArray() returns...

Frank