commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jared Graber" <jgra...@zedak.com>
Subject [VFS] Data timeout
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:43:47 GMT
Hi,

I have a daemon that polls an FTP/SFTP server using VFS.  Unfortunately I
ran into a problem where the daemon hangs.

I am having a great deal of trouble duplicating this issue as it seems to
happen after the daemon is running for many hours.

Looking through the logs produced via the daemon provided no insight but I
found something in the FTP Server logs (always the last thing in the FTP log
when this happens):

200 Port command successful

LIST

150 Opening data channel for directory list.

425 Can't open data connection.  **** I SUSPECT THIS IS THE CAUSE OF THE
PROBLEM ****

421 No-transfer-time exceeded. Closing control connection.  **** This is
handled just fine in other places ****

disconnected.

Has anyone encountered this type of problem and if so what was the solution?

I suspect that setting the data timeout would work and I'm in the process of
adding that now.

The only way I've found thus far is:

String scheme = UriParser.extractScheme(uri);

FileSystemOptions fileSystemOptions = new FileSystemOptions();

FileSystemManager fileSystemManager = VFS.getManager();

FileSystemConfigBuilder builder =
fileSystemManager.getFileSystemConfigBuilder(scheme);

Then casting the builder to appropriate builder so that I can call
setTimeout or setDateTimeout

Is there an easier way to do this that would be more generic, perhaps a
configuration file or something?

-Jared