commons-user mailing list archives

From "thomas peter" <tho...@braindumped.com>
Subject [configuration] XMLConfiguration and ConfigurationFactory
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 13:34:57 GMT
i need a hint what to use for the following scenario:

i'd like to have a central config.xml where i include my additional
config files (<configuration><xml
fileName="a-config.xml"/></configuration>).

so i create a ConfigurationFactory(config.xml) and get a configuration
object via getConfiguration().

the referenced files, that are included in my config.xml, are xml-files
as well, they are more complex than property-files too, and can overlap
each other:
<tags>
 <tag>
  <subtag>value1</subtag>
 </tag>
 <tag>
  <subtag>value2</subtag>
  <othersubtag>value43</othersubtag>
 </tag>
</tags>

as i saw in the tutorials, the most powerfull way to handle these
structures is to see them as XMLConfiguration.
But the ConfigurationFactory only deliveres Configurations.
any hint's how to resolve the problem?
am i doing things wrong?

thanx,
thomas