commons-user mailing list archives

From "Holger Hoffstaette" <hol...@wizards.de>
Subject Re: [transaction] Memory leaks in GenericLockManager, FileResourceManager
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 09:42:05 GMT
On Wed, 24 May 2006 10:56:24 +0200, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

>> > Well, that actually may be the case. Maybe for the 2.0 release ;)
>> > Anyway, I just could not figure out what the license for that code
>> > was. Any idea?
>>
>> The license on the homepage:
>> http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/ or in the
>> repository:
>> (http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/software/util/backport-util-concurrent/LEGAL?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup)
>> is pretty hard to miss.. :-)
>
> Hmm. Is that the license of the original implementation as well? What does

Yes.

http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/intro.html
under "Notes" says:

"All classes are released to the public domain and may be used for any
purpose whatsoever without permission or acknowledgment."

> a public domain  license mean for apache?

It means you can use them, just like many other projects (some also at
Apache) already do. Use the new library instead of the old one since it
contains some small (and some not so small) changes in line with 1.5's
util.concurrent. In fact the library already contains important fixes for
bugs in 1.5 and changes in line with Mustang.

Holger