commons-user mailing list archives

From "Gabriel Belingueres" <belingue...@gmail.com>
Subject [Validator] Extending ISBN validator to support smooth transition to ISBN-13 / EAN-13 standard
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 21:44:29 GMT
Hi,

I just revised the ISBNValidator to support ISBN-13 / EAN-13
standards, which will begin its use on 2007 (see
http://www.isbn.org/standards/home/isbn/transition.asp for more
information).

To support a smooth transition, I changed the isValid(String) method
so that it can validate all ISBN-10, ISBN-13 and EAN-13 codes. In
addition, I created methods for validating only ISBN-10, only EAN-13,
or ISBN-13 / EAN-13 codes.  This way, anyone could have support for
the new standard by just changing the .jar file.

I'll be uploading to Jira as an enhancement today if I have the time.

Regards,
Gabriel