commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject [SCXML] API changes before first RC
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 21:01:46 GMT
While unreleased code doesn't have any API guarantees, Commons SCXML
has been quite careful even during its sandbox days to not break user
code as improvement / changes are made. As we head towards a first
release candidate in the coming weeks, there are a couple of changes
that will be best made now.

The changes should make for quite easy "porting", but may require
changes to user code, particularly if custom actions, custom semantics
or the EventDispatcher interface is used. I've put up a wiki page to
document these changes:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML/Upgrades/ChangesBeforeFirstRC

It should contain the motivation for each change, the date the nightly
will change, and a before and after snippet of code. Please refer to
that wiki page before upgrading to the latest snapshot for the next
week or so.

And as always, please ask any questions here.

-Rahul