commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Spring Web Flow
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 21:34:17 GMT
On 5/8/06, THOMAS, JAYANT (SBCSI) <jt8437@att.com> wrote:
> Yes it is almost similar they have a flow action, view etc, I think we
> can easily create a SCXML engine using the spring webflow classes, I
> believe Spring webflow was created before SCXML was proposed, Since
> SCXML has got lot of momentum, it is advisable Spring Webflow is modeled
> based on SCXML syntax. Actually it looks very straight forward it is
> almost like 1:1 with the SCXML syntax.

<snip/>

Indeed, a state machine, is a state machine ... is a state machine. No
matter what syntax (XML notation) one comes up with, it will look and
smell like SCXML (and possibly be less expressive).

I also agree (based on the cumulative 2-3 minutes I've spent looking
at the SWF notation) that the mapping or glue should be fairly
obvious. Therefore, whenever one of us here has a few cycles to
contribute, we can begin making progress with SCXML in SWF.

-Rahul