commons-user mailing list archives

From Randall S Horwitz <rhorw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] certain format with XmlConfiguration
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 21:31:10 GMT
Sven,

this format is quite possible. I've used a similar one before, been able
to read values, etc. Exactly what are you trying to do? Is it that you
can't see any values? Have a look at the XML howto. That was very helpful
in getting me started.

Randy

Randy Horwitz
IBM Human Ability & Accessibility Center
Internal: w3.ibm.com/able
External: www.ibm.com/able
Internet: rhorwitz@us.ibm.com
Phone: (512) 838 8416
Tie Line (internal to IBM): 678 8416

"It is the easy things that damn you, not the hard."
-- Joseph R Garber "Vertical Run"

"Sven Schliesing" <sven@schliesing.de>
05/24/2006 08:36 AM
Please respond to
"Jakarta Commons Users List"

"Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
[configuration] certain format with XmlConfiguration

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve a format for my config-file that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
  <users>
    <user>
      <name>John</name>
      <password>abc123</password>
    </user>
    <user>
      <name>Mary</name>
      <password>xyz123</password>
    </user>
  </users>
</configuration>

or like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
  <users>
    <user name="John" password="abc123"/>
    <user name="Mary" password="xyz123"/>
  </users>
</configuration>

But I'm totally stuck in the XmlConfiguration's methods. Is this format
possible at all?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Sven