commons-user mailing list archives

From Randall S Horwitz <rhorw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Configuration-exception newing up XMLConfiguration empty constructor
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 18:45:03 GMT
Greetings,

I recently downloaded Commons Configuration 1.2. I then tried to write a
simple class in which I simply wanted to new up an XMLConfiguration
object. Here is part of the code. My little test program compiles, but
will not run:

import org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration;
<snip>
System.out.println ("newing up config class") ;
XMLConfiguration config = new XMLConfiguration() ;
System.out.println ("Commons class newed up") ;

I see the first pprint out, but not the second, and I get the following
exception:

org.apache.commons.collections.Predicate
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:55)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:53)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:53)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:53)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:124)
        at CommonsTest.main(CommonsTest.java:15)

I am using JDK 1.5, Windows XP, and I've ensured that
commons-configuration-1.2.jar is on my user classpath. What am I doing
wrong? I am using similar code as in in the XML Configuration Howto.

Thanks,
Randy

Randy Horwitz
IBM Human Ability & Accessibility Center
Internal: w3.ibm.com/able
External: www.ibm.com/able
Internet: rhorwitz@us.ibm.com
Phone: (512) 838 8416
Tie Line (internal to IBM): 678 8416

"It is the easy things that damn you, not the hard."
-- Joseph R Garber "Vertical Run"