commons-user mailing list archives

From "Srivani Ausula" <Srivani.Aus...@Sun.COM>
Subject RE: Axis and Tomcat - java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 18:27:04 GMT
Assuming the problem could be at common-discovery I posted here. Getting some pointers from
tomcat-users-list but the issue is not yet resolved.If I am able to solve the problem I would
definitely post the solution.

Thanks,
A Srivani.

________________________________

From: commons-user-return-16181-Srivani.Ausula=sun.com@jakarta.apache.org on behalf of Henri
Yandell
Sent: Thu 5/4/2006 5:29 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Axis and Tomcat - java.lang.NullPointerException

Of course, it could be a bug in commons-discovery as that dominates
the stack trace. Did you find a solution on the Axis list?

Hen

> The lack of response is probably coming from the fact that this issue has nothing to
do with
> commons, so it's better to ask this on the tomcat-user list or axis user list..
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin
>
> Srivani Ausula wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone came across the below issue?
> > I surfed the forums related to the problem and found that some are suggesting to
make reloadable=true in server.xml.But it is not possible for me.

> > After debugging the tomcat source(org.apache.catalina.loader.WebAppClassLoader.java),
found that when the application is redeployed, axis.jar is available but it is not able to
load 'org.apache.axis.EngineConfigurationFactory' class which is invoked from org.apache.axis.Service'
constructor to get AxisEngine. Thus resulting Null pointer Exception.