commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Lipofsky" <Daniel.Lipof...@bricsnet.com>
Subject RE: DBCP: Native SSPI library not loaded
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 18:51:17 GMT
I found out that this error message was because
the username and password was not getting passed to
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverManagerConnectionFactory

I was able to solve this by putting the username
and password in the JOCL file.

BUT ...

I have to use plain text for the password, which I don't
really like.  Before we had it encrypted.  The code that
calls the DBCP is passing in the decrypted password, so
I expected that to get passed down.  Does anyone know
why it isn't or how I can get it to pass this through?

I attched a debugger so I know the correct info is getting passed to
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.connect(url, info)

So is there a way to get it to pass the info object to
DriverManagerConnectionFactory?

My old JOCL file:

<object class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory"
        xmlns="http://apache.org/xml/xmlns/jakarta/commons/jocl">
   <object
class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverManagerConnectionFactory">
      <string
value="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/dlipofsky_head_Rep"/>
      <object class="java.util.Properties" null="true"/>
   </object>

My new JOCL file:

<object class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory"
        xmlns="http://apache.org/xml/xmlns/jakarta/commons/jocl">
   <object
class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverManagerConnectionFactory">
      <string
value="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/dlipofsky_head_Rep"/>
      <string value="theUserName"/>
      <string value="thePassword"/>
   </object>

Thanks,