commons-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Validator - Wildcards for Indexed Properties?
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 16:02:01 GMT
Validator's handling of indexed properties isn't optimal - it only
handles one level thru' the use of the "indexedListProperty"
attribute. In the example you give you should be able to do something
like the following:

 <field indexedListProperty="beanAPropA.indexedPropA"
          property="beanBPropA"
    depends="required,float">
    <arg0 key="beanAPropA.indexedPropA.beanBPropA.displayname"/>
 </field>

Niall

On 5/5/06, Tonnis Wildeboer <younospamme@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We use fairly complex Struts ActionForms that include tables generated from indexed properties
returning beans. We don't know how many elements the indexed property will have. (i.e. We
don't know how many rows the table will have.) So the question is, how do I describe the field
properties generally for the properties of beans accessed through an indexed property? I would
like to be able to do something like this:

> <field    property="beanAPropA.indexedPropA[].beanBPropA"
>    depends="required,float">
>    <arg0 key="beanAPropA.indexedPropA.beanBPropA.displayname"/>
> </field>
>
> Note that I am not providing an index for the indexed property. Will that work? Or can
I put in wildcard character instead of the index position?