commons-user mailing list archives

From "hrjk" <har...@zeniitti.net>
Subject Re: [commons vfs] Extracting tar fails
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 09:33:56 GMT
One more thing. StackTrace gives following info:

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Badly formed URI
"tar:file//C:\src.tar!".
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.url.UrlFileProvider.findFile(UrlFileProvider.java:84)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveFile(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:583)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveFile(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:528)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveFile(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:498)
	at ...
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: tar
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.url.UrlFileProvider.findFile(UrlFileProvider.java:65)
	... 12 more

>> Hi,
>>
>> Try this way:
>>
>> tar:file://C:\src.tar!
>>

> That was the third one I had tried:
>
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Badly formed URI
> "tar:file//C:\src.tar!".
>
> Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
>

>>> I've been trying to resolve file with:
>>> "tar://C:\src.tar!/"
>>> "tar://C:\src.tar!"
>>> "tar:file//C:\src.tar!"