commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Peter <tho...@braindumped.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] XMLConfiguration and ConfigurationFactory
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 22:03:20 GMT
thank you oliver. i didn't notice that my first post made it to the list
- the mailarchive isn't the fastest (i wasn't subscribed at that time)
gmane works better.

Oliver Heger wrote:
> The CompositeConfiguration you obtain from a ConfigurationFactory simply
> passes the keys of the getter methods you call to the contained
> configurations. If these are XMLConfigurations, they will understand the
> extended syntax as described in the tutorial. So there is no need to do
> something special. But maybe I don't fully understand your use case?

what i try to do is:

<root>
  <source>
    <db>
      <driver></driver>
      <url></url>
      <user></user>
      <password></password>
    </db>
    <query></query>
    <rrd>
      <file></file>
      <rra></rra>
    </rrd>
  </source>
  <source>
    <cmd>
      <shell></shell>
    </cmd>
    <rrd>
      <file></file>
      <rra></rra>
    </rrd>
  </source>
</root>

iterate over all 'source'-nodes and read their children.
i can't see the wood for the trees.
thanx. thomas