commons-user mailing list archives

From will pugh <willp...@sourcelabs.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Getting package entry compressed size
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 18:48:15 GMT
For Zip files,

java.util.zip.ZipEntry has a getCompressedSize method on it.  I think
this should give you what you need on the zip side of things.  Of
course, this might just not make sense for tar.gz.

How does VFS operate on tar.gz now anyways?  Are you able to pull files
out when it's in a compressed state, or do you need to uncompess it first?

    --Will