commons-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Commons Collections 3.2 released
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 08:13:06 GMT
The Commons Collections team is pleased to announce the release of

Commons Collections is a library that builds upon the Java Collection
Framework. It provides additional Map, List and Set implementations and
utilities. It also builds on the framework by providing new interfaces
and implementations.

This release fixes numerous bugs, and adds a limited number of
enhancements, including:
- MultiValueMap - A flexible MultiMap implementation
- DefaultedMap - A map that returns a default value when the key is not
- GrowthList - A list where set and add expand the list rather than
throw IndexOutOfBoundsException
- LoopingListIterator - A never-ending list iterator
- CollectionUtils.addIgnoreNull - Adds to the collection if the value
being added is not null
- isEmpty - Checks maps and collections for empty or null
- BlockingBuffer - Add timeout handling to any buffer implementation
- ListOrderedMap - additional list-style methods

This release is binary and source compatible with 3.1 according to our
tests. There are two new deprecations, see the release notes for
details. We recommend all users of commons-collections to upgrade to 3.2
to pickup the bug fixes.

Commons Collections Website:

Release notes:

The Commons Collections Team