commons-user mailing list archives

From "THOMAS, JAYANT \(SBCSI\)" <jt8...@att.com>
Subject RE: [scxml] Spring Web Flow
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 20:50:31 GMT
Yes it is almost similar they have a flow action, view etc, I think we
can easily create a SCXML engine using the spring webflow classes, I
believe Spring webflow was created before SCXML was proposed, Since
SCXML has got lot of momentum, it is advisable Spring Webflow is modeled
based on SCXML syntax. Actually it looks very straight forward it is
almost like 1:1 with the SCXML syntax.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 10:39 AM
To: Commons User
Subject: [scxml] Spring Web Flow

I just read on TheServerside about the 1.0-RC1 release of Spring Web
Flow.  It
seems like it is using similar concepts to SCXML, but with their own
syntax.
Can someone comment on where the similarities end?  I have followed some
of the
SCXML discussion, but haven't looked into it in depth yet.  Would Spring
Web
flow functionality be akin to the Shale usecase example?  That is, is
the
following true?...

SCXML + Shale
    Equivalent to...