commons-user mailing list archives

From "THOMAS, JAYANT \(SBCSI\)" <jt8...@att.com>
Subject RE: SCXML Spring Integration:
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 17:32:10 GMT
Thanks Rahul for your reply,Yes absolutely, Iam interested in
integrating with the Spring MVC/Spring Webflow similar to the
implementatin you did for Shale, Yes, I will post a road map, As soon as
I get a good understanding of how we can fit SCXML with the Spring
framework. I believe Spring 2.0 may be a good candidate to integrate
with.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Akolkar [mailto:rahul.akolkar@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 1:55 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: SCXML Spring Integration:

On 4/27/06, THOMAS, JAYANT (SBCSI) <jt8437@att.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Is there any plans to integrate SXCL runtime with spring MVC.
<snip/>

Within the spring framework, there is actually more than one place
where it makes good sense to use Commons SCXML. To list a few:

 * In Spring MVC, for the various flavors of controllers as you allude
to here.

 * In Spring Webflow, just like we demonstrated a usecase for the
Shale dialogs [1] (Shale dialogs were inspired by Spring Webflow,
which is the connection here).

 * In the Inversion of Control container aspects, to do "smarter"
dependency injection.

Perhaps, we should have a wish list page on the Commons SCXML wiki [2].

At the moment, my time is somewhat limited because the priority for me
is to produce a release candidate for Commons SCXML so we can propose
the first release on the dev list. But after that, I am definitely
interested in looking at Spring, amongst other ideas for Commons SCXML
floating in my mind.

Do you have any interest in helping with the Spring related
implementation? If you do, feel free to post a proposal / roadmap on
the dev list and those of us who are interested can get cranking on
it.

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/usecases.html
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML