commons-user mailing list archives

From Nestor Urquiza <nest...@yahoo.com>
Subject [scxml] using schemas/xslt/xinclude to provide normalization
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 10:49:44 GMT
Hello guys,
I have been thinking about different options to
provide xml normalization meaning I want to be able to
maintain xml files or unique nodes with information
that is reused within a specific xml file (My
settings.xml file that is used from the datamodel
needs to reuse for different clients same nodes like
channels, offers and other entities). I gave it a try
using xinclude but the parsers I have seen do not
implement xpointer() scheme but only the element()
scheme. On the other hand they do not provide way of
selecting fragments using xpath expressions as
XInclude propose thru #xpointer... included in the
href attribute. Using element() I am able to maintain
individual files and include just the particular nodes
I need in my final xml files, however I have to keep
the order of them because element works based on the
position of children like element(/1/2) to say use the
second child from root.

I was thinking about to use in the meanwhile (seems
like xerces will support the xpointer scheme and even
an xpath scheme someday as well as jaxen as I read
from some dom4j postings) xslt to given the specific
nodes with ids just build the resulting xml file where
the nodes are repeated and I can make my xpaths
simpler.

In both cases above I heve always the worry about the
maintanance of those several files that host unique
nodes and I am wondering if there is a better
solution.

Still I think a better way has to exist and maybe this
is using schemas. I hope some of you could give me
directions about where to look for a good solution.

Thanks in advance
Nestor