commons-user mailing list archives

From Nestor Urquiza <nest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] is there a way to allow an event in all states and just keep in the state?
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 21:33:16 GMT
In fact guys I kind of was really tired ;-)

My question was about having (using the same snip as
rahul posted with a little modification ;-):

<state id="parent">
  <state id="child1">
    <transition event="menu.main" target="child1"/>
  </state>
  <state id="child2">
    <transition event="menu.main" target="child2"/>
  </state>
</state>

Which means I wanted just to be able to trigger the
event and the result to be "stay in the state you are"
which of course is what the SCXML Engine would do in
any case if a not recognized transition comes.

Since I built System/Bridge/SCXML Engine Architecture
for this usecase the code to be executed can be
inserted in the bridge before calling the scxml engine
(thing that I do always thru an init() method). Then
the SCXML engine will not recognize the event and will
stay where it was.

Thanks a lot and I apologize for taking your time on
this,
Nestor