commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tahir Akhtar" <>
Subject RE: DBCP Question
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 18:24:22 GMT
I have only indirectly used DBCP. Well, my gut feeling is that this problem must be related
to the database driver being used.  But lets for an expert to jump in ☺.

Have you tried the same query on a direct jdbc connection or by getting the underlying connection
from the pool

    Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
    Connection dconn = ((DelegatingConnection) conn).getInnermostDelegate();

See the complete discussion under description of  accessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed parameter

Tahir Akhtar
From: Gibbs, Philip (Robert Half) []
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 9:14 PM
Subject: DBCP Question

Apologies for perhaps sending this to the wrong group.  If you know the appropriate group
perhaps you could forward this to it.
I am using the ‘PoolingDataSource’ and am successfully getting a connection to the DB.
However, the Select statements I’m using are utilizing ‘database links’ in the table
naming – eg;
SELECT * FROM PROJECT some_link_name A, WORK_ORDER some_link_name B WHERE …..
If I submit this query as is, I get a ‘Statement not properly ended’ error.  If I remove
the link names it works fine.
The question is, does the DBCP datasource support the use of these link names.
The DB is Oracle 9.
Phil Gibbs
Consultant - Robert-Half Int'l.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.