commons-user mailing list archives

From Tonnis Wildeboer <younospa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Validator - Wildcards for Indexed Properties?
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 15:37:15 GMT
We use fairly complex Struts ActionForms that include tables generated from indexed properties
returning beans. We don't know how many elements the indexed property will have. (i.e. We
don't know how many rows the table will have.) So the question is, how do I describe the field
properties generally for the properties of beans accessed through an indexed property? I would
like to be able to do something like this:

<field    property="beanAPropA.indexedPropA[].beanBPropA"
    depends="required,float">
    <arg0 key="beanAPropA.indexedPropA.beanBPropA.displayname"/>
</field>

Note that I am not providing an index for the indexed property. Will that work? Or can I put
in wildcard character instead of the index position?

Thanks in advance,

tdub

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do.  Get it on your phone.