commons-user mailing list archives

From Heiko <>
Subject [IO] - Wildcard filter for directories
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 20:49:00 GMT

two questions concerning the package:

- I would like to have wildcard filtering for directories, but WildcardFilter
works only for plain files. So I just implemented a class
DirectoryWildcardFilter. Could that class be of interest to the commons-io

- I would have assumed that the wildcard matching is done via, but is isn't. I'm
not sure if
* the existing WildcardFilter should be extended by a useMatchOnSystem method
or likewise,
* a new WildcardOnSystemFilter would be better
* ...

Sorry if i ask a already answered question but I couldn't find it in the more
recent list archives.

Heiko Blau

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: