commons-user mailing list archives

From "Holger Haag" <j...@herr-der-mails.de>
Subject [betwixt] Versioning of XML Output
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 12:21:27 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using betwixt in an environment where I'm converting beans to xml in
order to build SOAP/XML messages. For proper SOAP handling, a WSDL
definition is necessary including XSDs.

To support all soap clients in the field (e.g. which are using the Apache
Axis framework) the generated XML has to be controlled carefully mainly when
it comes to adding new elements (nodes, attributes) to an existing XML
structure. "Older" SOAP Clients will probably complain when the generated
XML has elements which were not permitted by the older XSD/WSDL definition.

I think this could be done by adding a String attribute "since" to the
ElementDescriptor/AttributeDescriptor classes.
The value for "since" would be provided in the .betwixt file:

<attribute name='name' property='name' since='1.01'/>

Provided this is possible, a ValueSuppressionStrategy could be implemented
suppressing the XML output for older versions/clients.

Or is something similar already possible in betwixt ?

--
GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!