commons-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [commons-validator] dtd help
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 21:56:35 GMT
On 5/2/06, dmjohns@pnc.com <dmjohns@pnc.com> wrote:

> Currently, our validator xml files point to
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_2_0.dtd in the doctype
> of the XML files.  Unfortunately, this means that, if something goes wrong
> with the Jakarta site, our applications cannot be restarted as validator
> will not allow the app to continue loading or allow it to work without the
> validation.

Are you actually seeing this? If so, make sure your DOCTYPE is correct. It
should be:

    <!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC
     "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules
Configuration 1.2.0//EN"
     "http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_2_0.dtd">

As long as you have that, Validator will use a copy of the DTD that is
inside the Validator jar file, and will not try to retrieve it from the net.

--
Martin Cooper

What I would like to know is if anyone has found a way to tell validator to