commons-user mailing list archives

From luc.maison...@free.fr
Subject Re: Using the cumulative probability distribution method
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 14:36:30 GMT
Selon Rosie Chandler <rosie.chandler@btopenworld.com>:

> The folder with my test project in has the following
> files after compilation:
>
> commons-math-1.1.jar
> testProj.java
> testProj.class
>
> I compile the java file with the command:
>
> javac -classpath commons-math-1.1.jar testProj.java
>
> And I run with the command:
>
> java testProj

  try the following command:

  java -classpath commons-math-1.1.jar:. testProj

here, the classpath is a list of two components, the .jar file and the current
directory ".", using ":" as a separator. You can add as many components as you
want, separating each component with ":". I don't know Mac environment, if "."
does not wotk to specify the current working directory, replace it by the
absolute path of the directory. If ":" does not work as components separator,
try ";" instead.

> Sorry for being so dumb - so far I haven't used much
> Java and my background is in C++...

No problem. I am here to help when I can.

Luc