commons-user mailing list archives

From luc.maison...@free.fr
Subject Re: [digester] multiple parses from one inputstream
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 06:44:46 GMT
Selon Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org>:

> Digester just calls someXmlParser.parse(). If you can find an xml parser
> that invokes endDocument then returns when it reaches the end of the
> root element then Digester should work fine with that. I'm not aware of
> any such parser though.

I think such a behaviour would be wrong in the general case, as it would break
detection of malformed documents.

There would also be problems restarting the parser for the next message.

The need here seems to have one data stream holding a sequence of independent
XML documents, I would suggest using some kind of wrapper to split the stream
at messages boundaries and providing each message individually.

Luc