commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Re: [betwixt] Betwixt mapping of generic lists with instances of an interface
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 21:25:57 GMT
On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 11:09 +0200, java@herr-der-mails.de wrote:
> Hi Robert,

hi Holger

some apache stuff's blow up so unfortunately i haven't found the time
i'd hoped for :-/

> thanks for the patch, TestPolyList works nicely, also if I adapt it 1:1 to
> my environment. However, I failed in setting up a container which holds such
> a list, e.g.:
>
> <container>
>   <mylist>
>     <myimpl1/>
>     <myimpl2/>
>   </mylist>
> </container>
>
> I tried
>
> OverrideCollectiveTypeStategy strategy = new
> OverrideCollectiveTypeStategy();
> strategy.overrideNotCollective(MyList.class);
>
> but that wouldn't work either.

yeh - probably not. i wasn't sure about your use case...

> Is there a chance that you can set up another Testcase like
> TestPolyListContainer ?? I find that working test cases are the best way to
> provide samples.

+1

i work best from broken test cases. the easiest and quickest way to get
some more functionality is to contribute a test case demonstrating what
you'd like.

i probably won't have time tonight to take a look at this. i'd be able
to fix this quicker if i had a test case demonstrating your use case ;)

- robert