commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Versioning of XML Output
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 20:28:56 GMT
On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 14:31 +0200, Holger Haag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope this goes to the correct mailing list; if not pls. let me know:

developers hang out on the dev list. now you've contributed a patch, you're  a developer and
might like to start hanging out there too. if so, you might need to set up some filters.

> I've been working on this issue and attached a SVN patch (see below).

great

> Here is a quick overview:
>
> - Two new strategies: Attribute and Element suppression. Chose interfaces
> instead of abstract class so that one class (see test cases) can implement
> both.
> - After an element/attribute descriptor has been build completely (including
> the options), the suppression strategies are evaluated. If the
> element/attribute shall be suppressed, it is removed from the introspection
> results.
> - Important: use <addDefaults add-properties="false" /> ! Otherwise the
> effects of element/attribute suppression will be ... none.
> - Test cases for illustration

sounds good

> I hope I've got everything properly according to the apache guidelines. Just
> let me know if somethings wrong.

nothing wrong (guideline wise) but i wonder whether the list has
stripped some of the content (that's one of the reason i prefer patches
to be in JIRA).

> Eagerly waiting ;-)

+1

i can't see the test cases or the new classes. this might be because
they were stripped by the list (which is why it's better to submit
patches through JIRA and then follow up on list) or maybe because svn
ignored them when the patch was created. (in which case you might need
to do svn add for each one of your new classes.)

- robert