commons-user mailing list archives

From "Derry Cannon" <der...@austin.ibm.com>
Subject [fileupload] function analogous to request.getParameterValues(paramName) using a ServletFileUpload object?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 22:23:34 GMT
Hey, there!

    I'm trying to use a ServletFileUpload object to handle a multipart form request that uploads
an HTML file.  However, there are also several sets of checkboxes on the form, with each set
sharing a common name across its members.  When I'm not using a multipart request, I can normally
get all of the values for a given set of checkboxes by calling request.getParameterValues(checkboxSetName).
 Unfortunately, it appears that the parser used by the ServletFileUpload expects each field
name to be unique, so calling item.getString() returns only the last checkbox value for each
set of checkboxes.
    Two-part question here: 1) Is there a supported way to parallel the functionality of request.getParameterValues(paramName)
using a ServletFileUpload object, and 2) If not, is there a way to specify a different parser
to be used?

Thanks for the help!
Derry