commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Joins/Parallels
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:58:30 GMT
On 4/27/06, Fasihullah Askiri <fasihullah.askiri@baypackets.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Yesterday I was trying to write a test-case for parallel scxml, it is quite a task to
write it.

> Now I am not sure if this the right place to think out loud.
<snip/>

This will always be *the* place to think out loud about Commons SCXML ;-)

> But since I couldn't find a better place. This is what I am thinking.
> Have an XML describe the transitions which the FSM will go through. Also allow this xml
to fire events and inspect the variables. a <stable/> tag can be used to make sure that
the fsm is stable and waiting for some event.

> Any comments!!! This is just thinking out loud. Might have a whole bunch of loop-holes
(Or might be an outright bad idea!!)!!!

<snip/>

All this looks interesting, the question really is:

 * What are you proposing?

Which expands to questions such as:

 * What markup is that?
 * Who consumes it? i.e. How does this integrate with what we have?
 * What benefit does it bring, as compared to writing a SCXMLUnit
(JUnit with helpers for Commons SCXML) test case to a similar effect?

Lets articulate that.

-Rahul