commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Joins/Parallels
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:22:50 GMT
On 4/27/06, Fasihullah Askiri <fasihullah.askiri@baypackets.com> wrote:
> I am trying to test the join/parallel usage.
> This is what I did, I tried putting <join/> in various other places, but nothing
seems to convince SCXML that it is a join.
<snip/>

Parallel is supported, for instance this example similar to the one in
the WD (long URL):

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jexl/microwave-02.xml

Join isn't supported by Commons SCXML. Two reasons:

(1) The WG seems to be moving away from these "pseudo-states". The
July 05 draft had join and synch. The January 06 draft has just join.
Trying to be good programmers, lets remain lazy and see what the next
draft brings.

(2) You can achieve similar results using appropriate guard
conditions, the SCXML In() predicate and scratch space variables, so
functionally, we probably just miss some syntactic sugar coating.

> The worst was, scxml specs on w3c seem to be all in mess. Their examples are not even
xml'ly correct. Also, the usage target="wait-for-the-sibbling i-am-done" is allowed as per
the specs. SCXML does not seem to like this. Please clarify!

<snip/>

You're saying target="foo-bar" doesn't work? Can't see why not.

-Rahul

> +Fasih
>
> My XML
> ------