commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <>
Subject Re: [scxml] <assign> tag
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:51:20 GMT
On 4/26/06, Nestor Urquiza <> wrote:

> > All information is here [1]. Note that Working
> > Drafts increment (in
> > this case) on an average every 4-5 months, so it
> > might be a while
> > before the actual text gets updated.
> >
> I really did not see or read there where I can put the
> schema issue.

You have to subscribe to the mailing list mentioned on that page
(www-voice@), and send an email there. Please be patient, someone on
the working group will respond once they get a chance.

> JEXL + Data() seems enough to me thanks ;-). I will
> work with it and if I need enhancement maybe with
> xpath functions or custom ones I will let you know. In
> any case XQuery and/or Xpointer could be good
> candidates too, don't you think? . In any case I am
> just thinking in a pattern here about scripting
> support that seems to be solved now in at least one
> project I can see in the net [6]

Yes, definitely good suggestions, and probably many usecases for those
ELs in SCXML documents. That is why the expression language was
designed to be as pluggable as possible in the Commons SCXML
implementation. Hopefully, some of those plugs will be contributed by
the community, since personally even though I see good value in them,
it will be a while before I get to that.

> I agree. I am not a purist but I see the code could be
> clearer and still the url could be only accessible
> from certain IPs so security issue would  be not the
> cause to ignore the @src approach. I still do not have
> that much time so I will be working with the Fasih's
> snippet and yes dude I will make the enhancement
> request ... mmmh maybe I am a kind of purist and I am
> just realizing it :-) Here is then the bug number: Bug
> 39413

Thanks, I'll take a look at it, probably over the weekend.

> > > Thanks as always for your advice,
> > > Nestor
> > >
> > <snip/>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: