commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] uml2bpel cool, but what about csxml2bpel?
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 05:34:03 GMT
On 4/5/06, Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this again. I am trying to convince my team
> to go with an SCXML (apologies for several typos)
> approach even though there is no stable release still.
<snip/>

Yup, [scxml] needs to "graduate sandbox" first. While I can't
guarantee when that will happen (no one person can), I will call a
second vote for this on the commons dev list soon. Other than that, if
your team has questions, I'm here.

> another thing ... are you going to publish the mdl
> files you are using for the project?
<snap/>

You mean the state machine diagrams? Can't access that disk right now,
give me a day or two. I'll ping this thread when they're posted.

> I saw you have in one of the screenshots the mdl for
> the StopWatch Use case for example, specifically for
> the StateChart ... Now, I see from the url below [1]
> that you have like an eclipse plugin to make your UML
> to SCXML conversion?
> Also are you making round trip for all of your classes
> as well meaning do you have mdls for your OOP design
> as well?
<snip/>

Yes, that plugin takes the EMF model for the state chart diagram and
converts it to its SCXML document serialization. None of the Java
classes for the usecases involved any roundtrips from the modeling
layer, primarily because the usecases make for fairly trivial class
diagrams. But that is indeed the larger picture.

> as always I really appreciate your help
> Thanks a lot again,
<snap/>

You're just as welcome,