commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mailing list search capability available?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:27:31 GMT
On 4/4/06, Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> someone please could give me a hint on how to look for
> a keyword with the mailing list?
> I am trying to look in all threads at
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-user/
> for some posts about anyone having experience on using
> commons scxml in business protocol implementations.
<snip/>

In addition to Kai's suggestion, you can also try MARC [1] or nabble
[2], which have better searching capabilities.

Using Commons SCXML for managing state-based behavior in any domain is
clean, and backed by an emerging W3C standard, so is a value-add. In
addition, I'm aware that UML profiles exist for automated business
processes -- there have also been UML to BPEL4WS mappings, for
example.

> In
> a glance I am planning to use SCXML for building
> strict business rules clients must meet in order to
> interact with a backend api. States are clearly needed
> because clients have persmissions to make http
> specific calls only after they meet criterias and come
> from other valid states.
<snap/>

If you end up applying Commons SCXML in a new domain, while it may
require some thought upfront, it gets you a lasting, extensible
solution. If you have specific questions on Commons SCXML, please
prefix the email subject with [SCXML]. The Commons SCXML website [3]
also has some usage notes and usecases.

-Rahul

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-user
[2] http://www.nabble.com/Commons---User-f319.html