commons-user mailing list archives

From harjinder.tak...@tcs.com
Subject Re: [Fileupload] Problems with Tomcat 5.0.28/ JRE 1.5
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 04:40:49 GMT
We wrote a servlet to handle file upload
It uses a properties file that contains a key that specified the path on
the server where uploaded files should be saved
It saves us having to change it in the servlet when we move from one
server to another

I got the link to tomcat bugs wrong
Its on the FAQs section of commons-fileupload at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/faq.html

Regards
Harjinder

mfncooper@gmail.com wrote on 04/04/2006 10:01:07 AM:

> On 4/3/06, harjinder.takher@tcs.com <harjinder.takher@tcs.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have been using commons-fileupload1.1.jar with Tomcat 4.1.3.1 and
> > JRE1.4.2 and everything works fine
> > We recently migrated to tomcat 5.0.28 and JRE 1.5.0
> > In the case of any error when uploading files (upload path not
resolving
> > to a folder etc), the servlet returns an appropriate
> > error but when the upload is successful and the file is saved on the
> > server the servlet does not return SC_OK
>

> Um, what servlet?
>
> (It does not return anything at all) and the client times out.
> > The link to Tomcat bugs on commons-fileupload homepage does not seem
> > work
>

> What link? There isn't a link to Tomcat bugs on the Commons FileUpload
home
> page.
>
> Confused...
>
> --
> Martin Cooper
>

> If anybody has done a similar migration, were there any changes that had
> > to be made to the code/ server
> > configuration etc.
> >
> > Regards
> > Harjinder Singh Takher

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete
the message and any attachments. Thank you