commons-user mailing list archives

From "Nikolay Jordanov" <Nikolay.jorda...@detica.com>
Subject RE: Betwixt problem with Date formats
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:02:19 GMT
Hi Mornak,

Thank you very much for your quick reply - this is exactly the example that we were looking
for!
Thanks once again for your help and time.

Best regards,

Nikolay Jordanov

Nikolay Jordanov - Consultant
t +44 (0) 1483 816325 | m +44 (0) 7738397002
a Detica | Surrey Research Park | Guildford | GU2 7YP | UK
www.detica.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Mornak [mailto:dmornacco@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 April 2006 21:34
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Betwixt problem with Date formats

Hi

you should create your own ObjectStringConverter and set it in the configuraton object like
this:
BeanReader beanReader = new BeanReader(); beanReader.getBindingConfiguration().setObjectStringConverter(new
CustomObjectStringConverter());

public class CustomObjectStringConverter extends DefaultObjectStringConverter {
	private DateFormat dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyyMMdd");

	public String objectToString(Object objeto, Class clase, String flavour, Context contexto)
	{
		if (objeto != null)
		{
			if (objeto instanceof Date)
			{
				return dateFormat.format((Date) objeto);
			}

		}
		return super.objectToString(objeto, clase, flavour, contexto);
	}

	public Object stringToObject(String dato, Class clase, String flavour, Context contexto)
	{
		try
		{
			if (Date.class.equals(clase))
			{
				return dateFormat.parse(dato.trim());
			}
		}
		catch (Exception e)
		{
			System.err.println("Error de parseo parseando a " + clase + "el string=" + dato);
			return null;
		}
		return super.stringToObject(dato, clase, flavour, contexto);
	}

}

I hope this will be useful for you

PS: excuse my terrible english

On 4/7/06, Nikolay Jordanov <Nikolay.jordanov@detica.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone point me to a simple example of how to get Betwixt to
> convert Date format using ConvertUtils?
> There is some information in
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/betwixt-0.5/guide/binding.ht
> ml which refers to a ConvertUtilsObjectStringConverter - but it is not
> obvious how to proceed, and a search of the web reveals no examples. A
> simple Hello World example of how date conversion is implemented would
> be very useful.
>
> Many thanks,
> Nik
>

> This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
> Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised
signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies within
the Detica Group plc group of companies.

--

To Iterate is Human, to Recurse, Divine
 - James O. Coplien, Bell Labs

<EPI/> - Deploying ideas