commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Sparr - www.goomzee.com" <m...@goomzee.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] variable scoping
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 04:21:18 GMT
Hi Rahul,

I have consolidated questions that have been looming below, plus response to
your input on variable scoping.

WILL CHECK SYNTAX BASED ON SUGGESTIONS.
Tomorrow I will upgrade our snapshot with your changes.  This message got
filtered as junk mail so I didn't see it until now.  Thanks for the input.
Yes, based upon spec I should've been able to lazily instantiate the vars
w/o expr="" but will test that out with this snapshot.  I did try the
<onentry><var...> and got exceptions but that could've been because I didn't
declare them as blank.  I think I used expr="''" and other variations to get
it to work.

SVN CHECKOUT?
The datamodel seems like best option so I'm looking forward to updating our
snapshot.  Offhand, do you know the svn command/url to check out your
latest?  First I'll test against your nightly binary tomorrow, but I have an
ANT build script for packaging everything so I want to pull down source.

XMLNS ON/OFF IN DIGESTER?
In addition, I recall a while back that we modified your source to exclude
the xmlns handling in the digester - what was your final solution to that?
Did you turn it off, leave it on or make it configurable via the factory
suggestion?

EL QUESTION (substring):
The voice browser being used (Nuance) had built-in grammars and leveraging
the currency grammar returns "USD20" for 20 dollars.  In the EL I've tried
various attempts to parseInt or substring or replace to no avail.  How would
I remove the currency code prefix using the EL in the framework?  Do you
have a document on available functions - I've tried JSP 2.0 functions and
they didn't exist and documentation on Commons EL usage resorts to JavaDoc
but little/no function reference.  Suggest Commons EL team copy PHP.net and
list all available functions with description/examples...

SUGGESTION/QUESTION (toggle hot deploy/performance):
I think it would be beneficial to add in configurable hot-deploy/performance
modes.  Hot-deploy would reload the engine document upon change and
performance would not.  This likely would not be part of the commons
contrib. but do you know how I could implement that.  The flexibility of
scripting new cases in the XML is enticing but continual server reboots to
clear memory hassle, especially for development.  Suggestions?

SUGGESTION/QUESTION (performance/memory for executor store):
If app runs a long time, executor store may become rather large.  Suggested
implementation?  Currently Hashmap w/o worker for cleanup, ttl, timestamp.
Curious if best with timestap, ttl and perhaps LRU LinkedList
implementation?

Mike