commons-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Kelly <Gareth.Ke...@davy.ie>
Subject Problem with getting values from a multiple select option
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:27:39 GMT
Hi,
Just started using the commons fileupload.
Works a treat.
One problem however.

When I iterate through all the items in the request, and separate form based
from files, I have an issue.
If the item is form based, and is a multiple select option, how can I get
the array orf values?

If it was a simple parsing of a request without a file upload, I could use :
String values[] = request.getParameterValues("sel2");

But all I seem to be able to do is get the name of the the fireld, and the
string:

String name = item.getFieldName();
String value = item.getString();

It is possible to get the array from a multiple select option using the
commons fileupload?

Thanks,
Gareth

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any other action taken
or any views, opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are those of the sending individual
and not necessarily those of the firm. It is possible for data transmitted by e-mail to be
deliberately or accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason where the communication
is by e-mail, J&E Davy does not accept any responsibility for any breach of confidence
which may arise from the use of this medium. If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify us immediately at mailto:helpdesk@davy.ie and delete this e-mail from your system.