commons-user mailing list archives

From "Fasihullah Askiri" <fasihullah.ask...@baypackets.com>
Subject RE: [SCXML] Same event to multiple parallel states
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:23:51 GMT

+Fasih

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Akolkar [mailto:rahul.akolkar@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 3:24 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [SCXML] Same event to multiple parallel states

> On 4/2/06, Fasih <fasihullah.askiri@baypackets.com> wrote:
<snip/>

> The latest SCXML WD also specifies that the special variable
> "_eventdata" may be used to access data contained within the
> triggering event (i.e. the payload). Thus, along the lines of the
> above example, a transition may look like:
>
> <transition event="connection.alerting"
>                cond="_eventdata.line eq 1"
>                target="..." />
>
> where the event payload defines a "line" property. This bit (exposing
> payload as "_eventdata") hasn't been done for Commons SCXML yet, but
> I'll do it now. Will ping this thread when am done.

<snap/>

Ping, "_eventdata" should be available in 20060404 nightlies here [1].

Here [2] is a sample based on your snippet, also illustrates using a
user-defined payload ("_eventdata.line" in the expressions under
state2 refers to line property of user-defined payload type [3]).

-Rahul

(long, possibly fragmented, URLs below)

[1] http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-scxml/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/sandbox/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jexl/eventdata-02.xml?view=markup
[3] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/sandbox/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/EventDataTest.java?view=markup
(see ConnectionAlertingPayload type towards end of file)