commons-user mailing list archives

From "Fasihullah Askiri" <fasihullah.ask...@baypackets.com>
Subject RE: [scxml] Model Validation Framework
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:13:03 GMT
<quote>

 * What markup is that?
 * Who consumes it? i.e. How does this integrate with what we have?
 * What benefit does it bring, as compared to writing a SCXMLUnit
(JUnit with helpers for Commons SCXML) test case to a similar effect?

Lets articulate that.
</quote>

I am suggesting a markup which can be used to validate a flow. The XML that I had pasted in
my orig mail was what I thought it could look like.

Now the question that I was thinking of myself, what benefit does it provide over the SCXMLUnit.
Whereas SCXML suite is very useful for testing SCXML internals, but to validate a document,
it requires too much of internals [IMHO]. The XML based testing makes the testing available
to the end user. i.e. an end-user like me, can write the transition that the FSM goes thru,
the behaviour expected etc. As you can see in the example that I had pasted in the earlier
mail, the user just says that this is what my state was in the beginning, this is the transition
it goes thru. The SCXMLUnit work is done behind the screens.

Thanx for the encouragement to think aloud. If you feel that this does not have a real benefit,
we can drop this off. By the way, it would be great if the users can comment if they feel
a need for such a thing in the first place or is it OK with the SCXMLUnit type of a validation
framework?

+Fasih