commons-user mailing list archives

From Kenneth Love <kl...@tax.ok.gov>
Subject Re: Looking for a string to file appending function
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 20:16:04 GMT

That would work except for three things:

A) I have to write/document/maintain the function.
B) There is no encoding parameter.
C) Garbage collection hints are missing.

Granted, if I wrote it myself, reasons B and C would be handled.

Mostly, I was just wanting to be lazy and use someone else's already
tested/debugged code.  :-)

I've been really impressed with the Commons IO library.  There are so
many methods/classes/interfaces/etc. that are "the way things ought to
be".  The only lament I have about this library is that I was programming
in Java for 8 months before I heard about it.

Kenneth