commons-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: common validator issues
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:56:09 GMT
On 4/6/06, victor ying <vying06_apache@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I am using struts 1.2.7 and related Apache commons validator. I am using validation.xml(whose
rules are defined by validator-rules.xml
>  I need your insight of following issues
>  1.How do I validate open set data range,e,g (1,10) where 1 and 10 are exclusive, current
intRange/floatRange valiation only support close set data range validation where bounds are
included?

Write your own validator.

>  2.I find a limitation of common validator. i.e if I enter +1000 in a field that has
"integer" validation turned on, the common validator will complain about this field is NOT
integer something like that. Is this a bug?

Both the server side and client side validators use the parse integer
functions to validate and "+" is not accepted by those.

>  3.A more complicated scenario, suppose that I need to validator two fields,say x and
y, the data range of y is dependent on x, e.g y must be the range of [x,100], how do I make
use of the common validator to do that? I know I can write my customized plugged in validator
to do it, but does validator provides a default way to do it?

No it doesn't

Niall