commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: Axis and Tomcat - java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:52:03 GMT
The lack of response is probably coming from the fact that this issue has nothing to do with

commons, so it's better to ask this on the tomcat-user list or axis user list..

Mvgr,
Martin

Srivani Ausula wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone came across the below issue?
> I surfed the forums related to the problem and found that some are suggesting to make
reloadable=true in server.xml.But it is not possible for me.

> After debugging the tomcat source(org.apache.catalina.loader.WebAppClassLoader.java),
found that when the application is redeployed, axis.jar is available but it is not able to
load 'org.apache.axis.EngineConfigurationFactory' class which is invoked from org.apache.axis.Service'
constructor to get AxisEngine. Thus resulting Null pointer Exception.

> Any pointers to solve the problem?Is it possible not to package axis.jar with my application?
>
> Thanks in advance......
>
> - A Srivani.

Srivani Ausula