commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] About Tag data validation
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:42:26 GMT

Except for the change of exception type (JellyTagException vs
SAXException), I see no real reason to have such instead of inserting
this validation within doTag.
Do you see one Marco ?

As for the exception types, we could maybe ease up propagation with
JellyException.asSAXException() (for use within doTag) and new
JellyException(SAXException) (for use in others, which would undress a
wrapped jelly-exception). Indeed, these long wraps of exceptions as
dumped to console sometimes, e.g. by maven, are quite ugly.
An alternative would be to have JellyException be a SAXException... not
sure it's a good idea but it would ease up things.

paul