commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [Jelly] How to pass a collection to a TagSupport
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:16:54 GMT
Marco Tedone wrote:
> I would like to test your solution. I created a simple ParentTag
> containing FilterTag. In FilterTag I use:
>
> XMLOutput.objectData(new String("Hello World"));
>
> How do I catch object data from of type FilterTag from within ParentTag?
I think new String("Hello World") doesn't taste much like FilterTag but
in any case...

I think your ParentTag should override doTag as follows:

    public void doTag(XMLOutput output) throws JellyTagException {
        super.doTag(new XMLOutput(output) {
            public void objectData(Object object) throws SAXException {
              // do something with object... e.g. a filter-data
            }
        });
    }

Tell me if it works for you.